Stirling is at the heart of Scotland’s 2014 Year of Homecoming.
There has never been a better year to come to Stirling, with fabulous year-long programme of events lined up.
We have got an amazing mix of culture, history, food, drink, sport, music, comedy and more. At the heart of it all will be Stirling's biggest ever weekend of entertainment from June 27 to 29:
- Armed Forces Day National Event - a spectacular national celebration to honour UK armed forces past and present
- Bannockburn Live – a major event marking the 700thanniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn
- Pipefest - thousands of pipers and drummers parade through the city
- Stirling's Big Night Out - enjoy the best of city nightlife.
- 14 Key events in Stirling
Other highlights of Stirling 2014
- Bloody Scotland - international crime writing festival
- Scribbler's Picnic - family music festival and fun day
- Doune and Dunblane Fling - annual festival of music, culture and family fun
- Stirling International Angling Festival - Fishing for the family and the veteran angler
Then there's the Spirit of Stirling Whisky Festival, with the chance to taste 200 whiskies, which is always a sell-out success
Our 170 events include everything from huge national celebrations to the community focused, and between them there is plenty for everyone to enjoy.
Stirling is a vibrant 21st century city with great historic attractions, so whenever you choose to visit there is a wonderful choice of things to see and do.
- Sign up to our mailing list to receive a copy of our Newsletter and more...