Stirling is at the heart of Scotland’s 2014 Year of Homecoming.
There has never been a better year to come to Stirling, with fabulous year-long programme of events lined up.
So far - Stirling presented an amazing mix of culture, history, food, drink, sport, music, comedy and more. At the heart of it all was Stirling's biggest schedule of entertainment throughout the year:
- The 2014 Ryder Cup was held this year at Gleneagles between the 23 - 28 September.
- Stirling Armed Forces Day National Event - a spectacular national celebration to honour UK armed forces past and present was held on Sat 28 June from the Castle Esplanade.You can view the website to see images of the event.
- Bannockburn Live – a major event marking the 700thanniversary of the Battle of Bannockburn was held on 28 & 29 June at Bannockburn Events Field - Heritage Centre
- Pipefest - thousands of pipers and drummers paraded through the city on Fri 27 June 6:30pm from the Castle Esplanade.
- Stirling's Big Weekend - the best of city nightlife and entertainment throughout the streets of Stirling was enjoyed by lots of visitors, residents and tourists on the weekend of Fri 27 - Sun 29 June.
- Scribbler's Picnic - family music festival and fun day held at the Rugby Park Sunday 11 May
- Doune and Dunblane Fling - Sat 24 May - annual festival of music, culture and family fun
- Stirling Whisky Festival - May 2014 - was a chance to taste 200 whiskies, which was a sell-out success
- Bloody Scotland - 19 - 21 September -saw International crime writing festival
- Wha's Like Us - 13 September - An exciting, interactive day-long event, Wha's Like Us offered useful and practical ways of researching a family tree.
- Off the Page - Stirling's annual book festival - 12-20 September
- 14 Key events in Stirling - continues throughout the year
- Scottish Paranormal Festival - Halloween Weekend - Albert Halls, Tolbooth & Cowane's Hospital
- Christmas Light Switch On - this family event kicks off at 2pm from the Corn Exchange
- Hogmanay in Stirling - Headliners The Waterboys, Skerryvore, JJ Gilmour, Model Airplanes and more.....
- Sign up to our mailing list to receive a copy of our Newsletter and more...
Our 170 events include everything from huge national celebrations to the community focused, and between them there is plenty for everyone to enjoy.
Stirling is a vibrant 21st century city with great historic attractions, so whenever you choose to visit there is a wonderful choice of things to see and do.